Drupal 8 / Magento 2 Developer
SplashLab Social is looking for a talented and self-motivated web developer with Magento 2 and Drupal 8 experience to help build large scale Ecommerce and CMS solutions. This is an opportunity to contribute to a fast-paced and nimble development team, crafting solutions and solving problems quickly. Your input will be needed from conception to launch, tackling complex issues each step of the way. The ideal candidate will be an expert in the latest PHP development standards (PSR, Composer, etc), including the latest versions of Drupal (8) and Magento (2), with a strong appreciation for testing, design and user experience.
- Interact with project managers to help define and scope key project initiatives
- Ability to work with modern PaaS environments for site management and deployment (AWS, Rackspace)
- Develop custom modules and extensions for Magento and Drupal to augment stock behavior, or add new functionality
- Build custom responsive themes for Magento and Drupal sites using the latest front-end development tools
- Build, setup and configure Magento integrations for payment, shipping, ERP, etc
- Research, suggest, and implement solutions for API based content integrations between Drupal and Magento
- Write automated tests using current best practices
- Be self-directed, self-motivated and able to work without supervision.
Skills & Qualifications
- BS in Computer Science or related area, or relevant work experience
- Combined 3+ years Drupal and Magento development, some of which is Drupal 8 and/or Magento 2
- Expert-level modern PHP 5/7 coding skills (PSR standards, Object Oriented PHP, design patterns like DI, etc)
- Knowledge of front-end build automation and preprocessing tools (Grunt, Gulp, SASS/LESS, Webpack, etc)
- Relational database fluency (MySQL/MariaDB), including writing and testing migrations
- Git (or other version control software) experience
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving capabilities
- General online availability during US working hours (+/- one or two hours from Mountain Time)
- Strong communication skills, fluent English, with legal US employment status
- Proven ability to manage time while working on a variety of tasks
- 2+ years unit testing experience (i.e. PHPUnit, Jasmine, etc)
- 2+ years modern web application development experience (MVC frameworks, REST APIs, etc)
- 2+ years building responsive sites using Bootstrap
- 2+ years building complex CSS3 stylesheets using Less/Sass
- 1+ year of Ubuntu/Debian/Linux server administration experience (Nginx, PHP-FPM, MySQL/MariaDB, etc)
- Ability to set up VM based local development environment using open source tools (Vagrant, etc)
- Web application security knowledge
- Experience using continuous integration (CI) tools (Jenkins or other)
- Chef/Puppet/Salt/Ansible/etc server configuration and automation experience
- Knowledge of other programming languages/paradigms (compiled/scripting, functional, typed, etc)
- Active use and knowledge of latest social networks/apps, websites, technology, gadgets, etc
- Web application profiling experience
- Responsible enjoyment of beer
Founded in Bozeman Montana in 2010, SplashLab Social makes social applications and online marketing tools for some of the largest companies in the US. The applications we build vary in both complexity and scale. Some are simple and see massive traffic, others are more complex experiments with cutting edge technology and have more limited releases. Writing and deploying code for Fortune 500 company's national advertising campaigns is challenging and rewarding work - we enjoy it and hope you will too.
Our culture is very informal and pragmatic. We are a small, bootstrapped company from Montana, and as such we have neither the desire nor the means to compete with Silicon Valley's ridiculous nap rooms, fireman poles, video games, etc. We think work should be fulfilling, but not life-consuming. We want to create high quality, innovative applications for our clients - then head home to do the other things we love. In our case: fishing, skiing, hunting, hockey, mountain biking, etc. This is why we choose to live in places like Montana and Utah, and we hope you feel the same!
Candidates need to be highly self-motivated and self-directed to thrive in this autonomous environment.
Our main office is in Bozeman, Montana, and the ideal candidate will work in-office, but we also consider remote positions.
Type of Employment
Salary Range & Benefits
- Competitive salary; based on location and dependent on experience (DOE)
- Paid health insurance
- Live and work in Bozeman, Montana
- 3 weeks of vacation
Please send resume and example work to email@example.com
Last updated: Jan 09, 2017